Easy to make and cheap. You would probably already have everything you need to make it. This bin is made out of two 20L (5 gallon) buckets, some pvc and glue. The second bucket is optional and just for collecting any drainage.
This bucket design has proven to work, if you are going to attempt to make it here are a few tips.
- Add much more drill holes for drainage, as is this bucket did not drain well and bsfl were trying to escape
- Start your track lower to the bottom, It takes more food than what you think to fill it
- Keep it out of the rain and the sun
- Do not over feed. Its easy to overfeed I do it all the time. Overfeeding promotes house flies.
- DO NOT USE MEAT, at least not initially because house flies cannot stay away